15. October 2009 10:41
Bea Szenfeld is not only an amazing person, but also an amazing designer and artist... The playfulness in her design is way ahead of imagination, or what about a collection out of paper, or even out of pasta. The playfulness reflects her own personal style as well, where fantastic vintage pieces are mixed to something new. Her big breakthrough came after she won the TV broadcasted competition "fashion house" in 2003 and bet designers like Gareth Pugh among others. Back in 2006 Bea designed a shoe for Vagabond, which is only one out of many collaborations that followed. Want to know more about Bea? Enjoy:
1. Favorite place of inspiration? In my studio, among all of my books and magazines and of course in total silence!
2. In my Mp3 player right now? Taxi Taxi, Róisín Murphy, Benny Goodman.
3. Favorite getaway? Books and my bathtub.
4. In my next life I will... Be reborn as a poodle!
5. I'm afraid of? Loosing inspiration and heights.
6. At my first job I was... Working in a bakery. I had to go up at 4 o clock in the morning and bake tons of cinnamon buns.
7. Bad habit? Chocolate and shoes.
8. Worst fashion buy? Plastic shoes from the 60´s. They just fell apart at the shoe shelf after a while, and i didn’t had the chance to wear them!!
9. I spent to much money on... Bills.
10. Just before answering these questions I was... Dancing lindy hop with my fiancé.