30. September 2009 23:21
Martin Raymond is co-founder of The Future Laboratory, editor-in-chief of Viewpoint magazine and LS:N Global, the online lifestyle news and consumer insight portal. Martin has written several books, including crEATe and The Tomorrow People. He is a regular contributor on trends and business for the BBC, Channel 4 and ITV. If thats not enough, he is also lecturing at over 12 colleges and universities throughout Great Britain and Ireland and is also a contributing editor for Wired UK, and a fellow of the Royal Society for the encourgaement of Arts, Manufactures and Science (RSA).
1. Favorite place of inspiration? Delhi, India and river Thames in London
2. In my Mp3 player right now? The Kills and Patrick Wolf 3. Favorite getaway? Aman resort in Bhutan
4. In my next life I will... be a dog
5. I'm afraid of? Public speeches and Angela Merkel
6. At my first job I was... a presenter on a pirate radio station
7. Bad habit? Eating chocolate
8. Worst fashion buy? Buying size 30 on a pair of jeans
9. I spent to much money on... eating and champagne
10. Just before answering these questions I was... afraid
30. September 2009 22:15
Consumer trends are changing dramatically. The rules of yesterday are not valid anymore. What will be the new order after the recession? Can we imagine a different world and what will the winning concepts be? Easy to answer right? No, do not think so... However this was some of the topics the gurus David Shah and Martin Raymond touched when talking at the viewpoint seminar, organized by the amazing trend agency Colourhouse, in Gothenburg today. There might still be a chance to listen to them when hitting of to Stockholm tomorrow and Lund the day after. I wanted to get to know these guys a bit better so please enjoy the following entries!